International Comparative Welfare and Poverty Research Conference
Co-Hosted by Department of Social Work, National Taiwan University, and the Center for Research on Child and Adolescent Poverty, Tokyo Metropolitan University
The United Nations has established "No Poverty" as the top Sustainable Development Goal. How to measure poverty, how social welfare policies can reduce poverty, and how to improve wellbeing have been important topics for researchers and policymakers to address. This conference aims to bring together leading scholars in the fields of poverty and social welfare to share their latest research.
Tentative Featured Speakers and Topics
· Aya Abe, Tokyo Metropolitan University ─ “The Child Poverty Database Project in Japan”
· Inhoe Ku, Seoul National University ─ “Older People Poverty in Three Dimensions: Income, Consumption, and Wealth”
· Irene Y.H. Ng, National University of Singapore ─ “Attention Poverty among the Income Poor”
· Chi-Fang Wu, University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign ─ “Multiple Program Participation in the US”
· Ji Young Kang, Chungnam National University ─ “Work Incentives of UI and Welfare Systems in East Asian Countries ”
· Yu-Chih-Chen, the University of Hong Kong ─ “Financial Capability: Theoretical Testing and Implications for Health and Economic Well-being in Later Life”
· Chenhong Peng, The University of Hong Kong ─ “Welfare Stigma in Hong Kong”
· Xi Zhao, Renmin University of China ─ “Subnational Variation of Social Safety Net in Urban China Using a Model Family Approach”
· Scholars in Taiwan: Julia Shu-Huah Wang, National Taiwan University, Yeun-wen Ku, National Taiwan University, Pei-Yuen Tsai, National Chengchi University, Chung-Yang Yeh, Soochow University, and Wei-Cheng Liu from Taiwan Social Welfare League
Date: April 14, 2023 (Friday)
Location: Liang Kuo Shu International Conference Hall of National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (台大社科院梁國樹國際會議廳)
Language: English (全英文會議)
Registration link: https://forms.gle/12k7iLdPKABo6CbU7
Please register by April 6, 2023.
Lunch will be provided for registered participants.
Please contact Ms. Cheng (email@example.com) if you have questions related to the conference.
This conference is supported by research grants from Taiwan National Science and Technology Council (111-2628-H-002-020-; PI: Dr. Julia Shu-Huah Wang) and Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JP22H05097, JP22H05098; PI: Professor Aya Abe)